Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Day Before Tomorrow

The day before tomorrow and I'm standing tall

Its almost like a dream now, like I never took that fall


I still feel you lingering, your thoughts out in space

Your desires still penetrate, but I'm beginning to forget your face


It's taking time to heal, from the pain you've put me through

But I know that soon I'll feel, refreshed, rejuvinated, whole, like I used to


It's the day before tomorrow and I'm keeping my head high

I don't need to dwell upon this "kissing you gives me butterflies"


This is only an infatuation, so maybe it's lasted 15 years

But tomorrow is another day, I'll push through it with no tears.


You spoke of marriage, you spoke of love

So many things you seemed so sure of

So what was so wrong that you couldn't, wouldn't even try

What is so hard that you always leave without a proper goodbye


This time I'm the strong one, you won't bring me down

I'm moving on to something better, at least for right now


No comments:

Post a Comment